• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prescription drugs in the workplace (Mich)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jakester's dad

I need to know the law on using prescribed narcotics at the workplace in Michigan.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I as well as most attorneys that post responses here are all admitted to practice law only in California. However, some others may have knowledge of Michigan law. I would say that the general answer is that as long as the prescribed drugs do not pose a safety danger to the employee or others, then the employer has to allow the employee to take those drugs as prescribed.

If you want to reach a Michigan employment law attorney, go to attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

J

Joan Gregg

With absolutely no disrespect intended, I worked in a school district which explicitly forbade any use of narcotics or controlled substances in or on any property owned by that district.

No disclaimer was made for prescription narcotics or controlled substances in the district "rules."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">