• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

presenting evidence in parking ticket cases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

plifter

Can a judge uphold a parking ticket that you plead not guilty to without the officer that issued the ticket testifying against you. Do you have the right to face your accuser in these matters. I'm in West Virginia.

racer72

You have the right to face your accuser only for felonies and gross misdemeanors. This would happen only if you were arrested. Parking tickets in most places are considered civil penalties and do not go against your driving or arrest record. All that was required at your hearing was someone representing the party that issued the ticket, usually someone fresh out of law school working for the DA's office. Unless your someone that gets parking tickets on a regular basis and may face more serious charges because of it, just pay the ticket and park legally next time.

T

t.brown

I believe there ought to be a more saerious attitude taken because they do not deserve to gouge us for forgetting to pay them their what?DOLLAR?So I'ld try this ;tell them you deserve ajury because in civil law anything over 20$ or so is required to get a jury trial then you can get all civil rights ;TRY it cant hurt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">