• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pretaxed deductions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jm_leggett

florida; i was diagnosed with ms and laid off on the same day, allowed fmla for only two days, benefits were cancelled at midnight of termination date however, benefit deductions were taken out of my final paycheck two weeks later. the company would not reimbursement for the overpayment of deductions nor honor claims until the end of the month. std has been denied three times since may. unable to collect unemployment because i can't work, the company is self insured, by them denying std mad it impossible to collect cobra benefits which will in the long run keep their benefit experience down. is the company in violation of any erisa laws or should i be following up with an attorney? thank you.

ALawyer

If you were a long term employee, you really ought to see a lawyer. I have never heard of someone diagnosed with a serious condition and laid off the same day just by happenstance.

Contact also the state labor department in FL and see if anyone there can help you understand possible state law rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">