• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prevailing wage pay but no fringe?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

falfan21

Last year I worked on a prevailing wage job in greene county ohio. I was paid prevailing wage scale only. I received no additional pay for fringe benefits. My company offers no insurance or anything like that and is a non union business. When I asked my boss what the fringe part meant he told me that was only for unions. Was he right or am I entitled to the fringe monies on top of what I was paid per the prevailing wage scale?

justalayman

Thanks but I had already looked there and if I could have found the answer I wouldn't have asked here. :confused:
You look but you don't see and you are curt with those attempting to help you. Not very respectful.

Ohio’s prevailing wage rate is determined by the Director of the Ohio Department of Commerce (DOC) and is the sum of the following:

The basic hourly rate of pay.

The rate of contribution irrevocably made by a contractor or subcontractor to a trustee or third person pursuant to a fund, plan, or program.

The rate of costs to the contractor or subcontractor which may be reasonably anticipated in providing fringe benefits
that clearly states that the fringe bene costs are to be included in the prevailing wage rate. There are stated rates for each work classification. The rate you were paid should have already included the value of the benefits.

One of the easiest ways to determine what the prevailing wage is is to contact a union hall for whatever trade you performed. They keep track of such things. They also will direct you to how you can make a claim for whatever you were not paid, if there was anything.

the wages should have been posted on the jobsite as well as required by Ohio law:

“There shall be posted in a prominent and accessible place on the site of work a legible statement of the Schedule of Wage Rates specified in the contract to the various classifications of laborers, workmen, and mechanics employed, said statement to remain posted during the life of such contract.”

TIMMAAYY

I don't think the OP was being curt or disrepectful... just stating he looked at the posted link and didn't see what he was looking for in said link. ;)

pattytx

I don't think the OP was being curt or disrepectful... just stating he looked at the posted link and didn't see what he was looking for in said link. ;)
Perhaps and if so, OP, I apologize.

Just saying, I've been posting on these forums for a long time and the great majority of posters do absolutely no research on their own before posting. In this case, OP was an exception.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">