• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Previous employer claiming overpayment, HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mrme25

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY, now I live in VA

I was injured on the job on Feb 12th 20124. On May 10th I was fired due to the injury, housing was part of the salary so my wife and I were kicked out and left homeless. As of yesterday the previous employer has been calling and texting and being somewhat harassing and said the last check I received was an overpayment and what's it back. I received the last paycheck on May 23rd. I get paid every two weeks. If I get paid every two weeks wouldn't that last check be for the pay period ending on the 9th? Please help me as this is getting overwhelming and I don't know how to handle this

Dave1952

Your post isn't very informative. Can't tell whether you were overpaid, how much you were overpaid, and when you were overpaid. These are questions you should ask your former boss. Once you know what he says go through your pay stubs and see if it makes sense.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Did you report this on the job injury to your employer? Did you file a work comp claim?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">