• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Previous records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fred B

I am currently a professional who is applying to obtain a good job. When I was younger, @ about 20 yrs old. I was involved in a prank which led to a felony arrest for theft. This was reduced to a misdemeanor theft after about a yr probation. My question is whether or not I must include this when on the applications it asks "Have you "ever" been convicted or plead no contest to a felony?" Also, this was about 15 yrs ago, and I have been a law abiding, contributing member of society ever since.

Concerned

A

Attorney_Replogle

You can hire a criminal defense attorney to have the court record of the misdemeanor purged. Do this to keep a good paper trail. For what you can do on any application is state "No". The reasoning is that the conviction to your mind meant the entire process to include the last entered status. Find a criminal defense attorney near you at attorneypages.com

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">