• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Primary custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.




i have joint custody with my ex. in what instance could i have this reversed, or in otherwords, how hard would it be to have this arrangement reversed and allow me to get primary physical custody.my children , ages 7 and 10 , tell me they are being left alone at night .also he has not done basic things, such as buy clothing for them.Are these things too petty to work in my favor?


Senior Member
joint legal or joint physical?

generally speaking a significant change has to occur to enable you to file for a change of custody.

is he working nights or out partying? is this different from when the first order was established?

not buying clothes? they are being neglected? no clothes that fit properly? or just not buying them the designer clothes they are requesting?

please describe the situation a little more

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential