• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private information vs. outsourcing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

john1950

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

My employer has decided to outsource part of the HR function. This means my SS#, Finacial, health, and banking information will be sent to another company with the manpower and phone answer center based in Costa Rica.

The laws about SS# use and whom should be accessing it. Along with the newer heath care laws and concerns for financial information all being in the hands of a third party in Costa Rica brings up possible legal issues. Not to mention the concerns for our informational safety.

Question: 1 - Is the company violating any laws?
question: 2 - Is my company libal for the loss of this information in case of identity theft or financial loss?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
At the present time, the answers to your questions are no and maybe. What, if any, liability the company would have would depend ENTIRELY on the circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">