• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

private insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pecancomplexion

I was placed on Disability on January 4, 2002. My company has elected to have a private insurance company instead of State Disability. I was approved for a period of Seven days and then denied after that. I was denied because the Disability office claimed that they never received any information from the Doctor's office to support my claim. When I contacted my Doctor's office, I was told that the information had been sent several times and that it seemed to them as though the Disability office was playing some sort of game in order not to pay me. I am just about in the poor house now as a result of not being able to pay my bills. And my claim is now being appealed. I'm affraid that I will not receive any money and I don't feel strong enough to return to work. :confused:

ALawyer

There is a state insurance department and compain to it. Also, if you are denied, and you have reason to suspect bad faith, see a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">