• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate Appointed Personal Rep - How to transfer land title?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nicki2

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
My mother died in a nursing facility in CT while on CT Medicaid assistance. Her only asset is a small parcel of land in the state of Massachusetts. She has a Family Trust, but the land parcel was omitted from it. It is deeded by tenants by the entirety and the other owner predeceased her. Her Pour-Over Will refers to remainder of property & estate, both real & personal, to be held in the Trust but this does not seem to happen automatically. The will gives the Pers Rep authority to sell real estate. Mom owned nothing in CT, so I filed for informal probate in Mass hoping that this process might move the land into her Trust. I was appointed Personal Rep, and notice to debtors was put in Mass newspaper, but I don't know what to do from this point. This land was listed as an asset when she applied for medical assistance in CT and no liens have been placed to date. Do I need to notify them again? Do I have to file probate in CT where she has no assets? Is there a process by which the land can be transferred to her trust? Land is assessed approx.$15,000. Is this all a mute point due to Medicaid? Thank you

adjusterjack

Too many questions for strangers on the internet and it all requires specific legal advice that we can't give. Consult an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">