• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate Bond "Release"???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daddysgirl1978

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I live in GA, my dad lived in CT. I am originally from there. He passed away in August. We are unable to locate his will. I have been paying his mortgage for the past months. I applied for probate a week after he passed. I am his only child, my mother & he divorced decades ago. She is remarried. Probate had to send a letter of intent (???) to my uncles and aunts (my father's siblings) showing that I applied to become his administratrix. Noone contested, as I thought.

I have a decree pending that I secure a $100K probate bond. Dad has a condo and some credit card debt and that is about it. I was the beneficiary of life ins. It is becoming a little difficult to secure the probate bond. I filed for bankruptcy about 4 years ago and it's throwing a red flag on my credit to the surety company. They will approve, but are requiring someone to indemnify me. Not sure if anyone has strong enough credit to back me. Is there a way to appeal the court to "release" the probate bond requirement????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">