• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yolewis

CALIFORNIA
My 70 year old aunt has been living in her home for 29.5 years. The loan was in her sisters name who is now deceased. My aunt has throughout the loan continued to make the mortgage payment.

Her sister didn't have a will or anything to transfer the house to into my aunts name. Her sisters husband recently remarried since her death and my Aunt wants to know what must be done to get the house in her name as she believes unless loans have been taken out on the house she will be paid in full in April 2006.

Thanks for your help

pojo2

Is the husband's name still, if it ever was, on the deed? Depending on the circumstances the husband may own the house, you will need an Atty to straighten this out properly. I sure hope that husband is an honorable man since the property probably has greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">