• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate in KY.... help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
:confused: What is the name of your state?Ky

My mother left to me and my 2 siblings a sum of 40,000 $. She also left a car. I had access to the bank account so we subtracted the car from my cash and equaly distributed every thing among us. The catch though is her car... I tried to put it in my name, but they said I have to go through probate... Is there any other way?? Is it legal to simply leave the car in her name?

I should add that my dad, who left her 10 years ago was still married to her when she passed. He lives in Ms. and I'd prefer to exclude him. He abandoned her in terrible health and never kept in touch for anything but money.
Last edited:

Unless this account was properly set up what you have already done as far as getting and dividing might be illegal. You need to change the title on that car. Legally she is still married and that fact might come up to bite you in the rear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential