• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate Judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



State Name: Alabama

i am being sued by a probate judge. i was awarded money from a lump sum settlement when i turned 19. i came to get the money, they cut the check, 8 months later they called me and said they made a mistake and cut too much money. i was paid $57,000, they said they over paid me $47,000. now they are suing me for the rest of it. i have already turned back to them $23,000. the rest is gone. they still have not shown any bank statements or legal papers stating where the money was and the interest it made. they are also making me pay interest over 3 years. it all occured in 1997, it's now 2001. the probate judge was the gaurdian at litem. i did not even know about the money until i was 19 years old. they say i should have known how much i was supposed to get, but they are mistaken. my attorney now says i should just pay back what i owe and be done with it, yet the probate court is taking 0 responsibility in the whole case. what to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential