• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Washington State. Remaining parent leaves the residence to his two sons. The residence is appraised at $205,000.00. Will the will need to go through probate?


Senior Member
If the home was solely in the name of the deceased, and the will says it goes to the 2 kids, it MUST go thru probate. If it was held in joint tenancy, with right of survivorship with the 2 kids, no.

Probate is not that big of a hassle. Promise.

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Please explain:

Is the home paid for in full or is someone still making mortgage payments on it?

What is the total value of the estate being probated--are there other assets besides the home that need to be distributed according to the will?


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential