• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tracy Carroll

city&state - columbus, ohio
my father died June 1999 of lung cancer. my mother rec'd a radiation medical bill yesterday (May 3, 2001). is she req'd to pay it? circumstances - my father had medical insurance, but his employer disappeared, evidently they declared bankrupcy in august 1998 and did not pay the latest medical bills. there was virtually no money left in my father's estate and my mother is living paycheck to paycheck. is she req'd to pay any of his medical bills that the insurance company has not paid since my father's employer has gone under? Also, my father was terminal from diagnosis. He rec'd chemotherapy for approx 6 months and it did prolong his life for 1 year. had my father's oncologist known there would be no insurance coverage, i doubt he would have prescribed the secondary radiation treatment, my father died 2 months after his radiation treatments began. Thank you

ALawyer

This is one that she should ask a local lawyer about -- it depends on what was done in terms of what she may have signed, and the nature of the filing (for probate) on your father's estate as there usually is a very short statute of limitations on claims against the estate of the deceased.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">