• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probating of Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Chris Miller

What is the name of your state? Texas

Is there anything my husband and his sister can do??
Mother passed away in Oct. 2001, husband predeceased, 7 siblings. Brother was named executrix in Will. A week after death the brother gave each sibling an equal amount of funds and said that was what was left after funeral expences. The house has no debt, but one sibling is living in it. Two of the siblings want the house and all belongings to be liquidated. The brother wants to let one of the sibling to stay there and live for free. A form (Muniment of Title) was sent to all siblings to be signed and notarized, not knowing what it was my husband signed it, thinking that the house would soon be put up for sale and liquidated. This form has been filed (3-28-02). The brother refuses to sale the house. Do they have to get an attorney? How can they force the issue of liquidating all assets? Thank you for any help you can give.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential