• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation and marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

This is exactly why it's better for the person directly involved to come here and ask questions. First you said the police threatened him and now you're changing it to his probation officer.

Why have you changed the story?
It is unlikely that she knows the whole story. What her boyfriend tells her will naturally be filtered through his eyes.

So since I have no criminal record, I'm not on probation or parole, and I'm not a victim or witness, they can't stop us, can they?
What you have to remember is that a probation officer can revoke the probation at any time for any number of reasons.
The State is doing your boyfriend a favor by letting him out of jail early provided he follows their rules, which are tailored to each parolee. If your boyfriend don't like it he can tell his PO and go back to the jail to finish his sentence. After his release you can both do as you please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">