• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation and parole marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Willwhitt

What is the name of your state? Missouri,
I am on probation and my wife is on parole, I seen my PO on Thursday and got permission to get married on Sunday but he called me into his office Friday and told me that me and my fiance could not associate but we went ahead and got married on Sunday anyhow and I want to know since we're married if our POS can keep us apart legally

quincy

What is the name of your state? Missouri,
I am on probation and my wife is on parole, I seen my PO on Thursday and got permission to get married on Sunday but he called me into his office Friday and told me that me and my fiance could not associate but we went ahead and got married on Sunday anyhow and I want to know since we're married if our POS can keep us apart legally
Yes.

quincy

Here is a link to Missouri's "White Book," the Rules and Regulations Governing the Conditions of Probation, Parole, and Conditional Release:

https://doc.mo.gov/sites/doc/files/2018-01/White-Book.pdf

You probably have a copy of this? You can read "Associations" to see why you can be prevented from living or associating with your new wife.

You needed to obtain permission first - and permission in your case was denied.

Both of you violating the terms of your probation and parole is not the best way to start a marriage.

Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">