• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation meeting date, detox center/rehab, probation revocation on new charges question and options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Atm7dtp

I was arrested and put on probation for a single hydrocodone pill that was found in the door of a friend's car that I was driving. I was put on probation and during that time I was passing my drug test and attending my meetings. During the time before I was given probation but after the arrest date I got a shoplifting charge. Now I'm on probation I catch another shoplifting charge and another small drug charge which violates my probation and although I'm supposed to report today I have already been informed that I will be probably arrested if I go to the meeting. I'm wondering, because I've been planning on this, if I'm able to check myself into a drug detox / rehab today and have someone take proof to my meeting and give to the probation officer, would that help my chances at all at court for the second charge and probation revocation coming up, will I get another felony for the revocation and another felony for the drug charge and another felony if I'm in rehab or drug detoxing Center over the court date or will they give me a continuance if I have someone show up on my behalf with paperwork stating that that's where I'm at. I have all good intentions of completeing the rehab not because of the charges but because I need to for myself. I do want to avoid jail time if possible and would drug court be an option right now if I were to follow through with my plan of admitting myself somewhere today.? I really don't know what to do I don't have a lawyer I don't have the money to afford one even though I know I need one.

What is the name of your state? arkansas

quincy

I think you probably waited too long to seek help through a rehab program for signing up now to do you much good. There is a good chance you will have your probation revoked for committing additional crimes. I suspect you will be spending some time in jail.

It is generally better to turn yourself in rather than to wait for the inevitable arrest but I strongly advise that you have an attorney with you at that time.

I would call attorneys in your area to see if any will offer a payment plan. I suggest you seek financial help from family or friends so you can pay for the attorney if you cannot afford one otherwise. When in court, you can ask for a public defender.

Good luck.

xylene

Rehab isn't a get of jail card.

You still seem to be in denial about why you are getting into serious legal trouble.

Please take care and know that your shoplifting behavior is something that you need to address in your recovery.

Eekamouse

I was arrested and put on probation for a single hydrocodone pill that was found in the door of a friend's car that I was driving. I was put on probation and during that time I was passing my drug test and attending my meetings. During the time before I was given probation but after the arrest date I got a shoplifting charge. Now I'm on probation I catch another shoplifting charge and another small drug charge which violates my probation and although I'm supposed to report today I have already been informed that I will be probably arrested if I go to the meeting. I'm wondering, because I've been planning on this, if I'm able to check myself into a drug detox / rehab today and have someone take proof to my meeting and give to the probation officer, would that help my chances at all at court for the second charge and probation revocation coming up, will I get another felony for the revocation and another felony for the drug charge and another felony if I'm in rehab or drug detoxing Center over the court date or will they give me a continuance if I have someone show up on my behalf with paperwork stating that that's where I'm at. I have all good intentions of completeing the rehab not because of the charges but because I need to for myself. I do want to avoid jail time if possible and would drug court be an option right now if I were to follow through with my plan of admitting myself somewhere today.? I really don't know what to do I don't have a lawyer I don't have the money to afford one even though I know I need one.

What is the name of your state? arkansas
When one is already on probation, what exactly do you think is a small drug charge?

quincy

A violation of ANY law (federal, state, local) violates the terms of probation.

I agree with Eekamouse that there is no small crime, especially when one is on probation.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">