• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation questions-Please help me!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cowgirl_128

Ok my boyfrined lives in Union County Oregon. His name is Casey, His little brother's name is Wiley . When Wiley was 11 & Casey was 13, they were with a 17 year old who burned down a house. They ( Wiley & Casey) were sentenced as accesories (sp) to the burning. They were not allowed to testify, but the 17 year old was. They were all sentenced to probation until they reached the age of 25, thus giving the boy who actually did it LESS time on probation then the 2 boys who "assisted" him. As part of probation my boyfriend had to do community service hours & is required to pay 75% of everything he makes to the state, until age 25. Casey is now 18. He was arrested last wednesday for probation violation. They said he failed to check in with his probation officer & that he was "avoiding probation". He called his probation officer several times, but she was never there. He left messages for her to call him back, but she never did. He is jail right now, awaiting a lawyer & the start of his trial. First off, is his original sentence legal? Second of all, can they send him to prison for these so called violations? What could happen to him? He is being held without bail right now, if that helps any. Please help me, I'm 17 & he's 18, his mother could never afford to get a lawyer when this happened, and I don't believe this is right, PLEASE help me!!!!Thank you so much.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Sounds like they were both railroaded. THis is what your boyfriend and his brother need to do: have a criminal defense attorney revisit the case.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

C

cowgirl_128

He told me today he found out who is lawyer will be & he talked to him, he's supposed to come & see him tomorrow.Can he bring this up at this trial, or what will he have to do in order to get this resolved? I believe he's served his time, for his crime, though he really was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I want to help him, because I don't think he understands that he really could win this, because it's wrong as hell what they did. How can he go about this, from where he is now? He said it's gonna be easier just to plead guilty on the not checking in with probation officer, cause he said he probably could have tried harder to get ahold of her, then he did. Thank you very much for the advice, I really appreciate it Lawrat!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">