• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Report Rules?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcmeanashell

What is the name of your state? California

I thought I read something in the Court rules of California but can't remember for sure....need help if anyone knows the answer....

Is there a time limit imposed requiring when the Probation Report has to be given to the Prosecution and Defense prior to the sentencing hearing?

I thought I had read that it had to be delivered to both parties no later than 6 days prior to the sentencing hearing to give parties a chance to review and request changes.

My Public Defender says he hasn't received it yet and sentencing is only two and a half days away. Said he would just go over it with me prior to the sentencing. Was irritated when I asked him to contact me as soon as he recieved it.

Does it sound like he really doesn't care if he defends me or not to anyone else or is it just me?

CdwJava

If he has had insufficient time to review the Probation Report your attorney can always seek a continuance.

- Carl

calatty

It takes about 10 minutes to review a probation report. Probation reports are frequently filed on the date of sentencing. The probation report makes a sentencing recommendation, but courts are under no obligation to follow it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">