• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gotti

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I was schedule to get off probation in 01-2001 but i have not had contact with my PO since Oct or Nov of 2000. I paid court cost and pass all drug test that I took. There are no warrants for me now but could they issue one at any time or is there a time limit(statue of limitation).

G

gotti

oklahoma

Yeah, right!! Suppose for some reason or the other "THEY" loss my files, maybe forgotten all about little-o-me, or just really didn't care?; I don't want to go and open a whole new can of worms. I just wanted to know if there was a such thing as a statue of limitations on parole violations on small time drug cases. It was just a 2 year suspended sentence. So if there's anyone who has some HELPFUL information, please post your reply. Peace!!!!!

stephenk

what the hell are you talking about?? What have you done since you stopped contact with your PO that you believe will cause you trouble regarding your parole?

you said you completed all your requirements for parole. the next step would be to contact your PO and ask him/her to sign off on your parole.

Do you have some other charges pending against you? Or did you stop reporting to your PO and now you think that in itself is a parole violation?

There is no statute of limitation for parole violations as long as you are still on parole. Once your parole is completed, you can only be charged with a new crime not a parole violation.

Since your parole is still technically on-going I would suggest you be proactive about getting an order that the parole period is over.

G

gotti

First of all, I wasn't on parole it was probation. I had tried to contact my PO before and even left messages but have never gotten a response. This was all before the scheduled date of my probation release. I never received any thing saying to go in front of a judge to get somekind of certification or any paperwork saying I was off of probation. I worked at my job till 03-2001 which by that time I would have normally been released from probation. No one has ever tried to contact me through my address, by phone, or my place of employment. No, I have not done anything wrong since then, but in a way, I would like to know if I was off of probation. As I said before, I don't want to open a whole new can of worms. I don't want to contact them and they say,"come on in and talk to us about it", because they might try to say,"Oh yeah, you didn't complete this or that". Then I would be sitting there thinking I was better off left alone. It's just the fear of them SOMEDAY saying,"Hey!!, You violated your probation. What after all this time???

K

knorris

You sound awful worried.

gotti said:
oklahoma

Yeah, right!! Suppose for some reason or the other "THEY" loss my files, maybe forgotten all about little-o-me, or just really didn't care?; I don't want to go and open a whole new can of worms. I just wanted to know if there was a such thing as a statue of limitations on parole violations on small time drug cases. It was just a 2 year suspended sentence. So if there's anyone who has some HELPFUL information, please post your reply. Peace!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you completed your probation without any problems. Then why would you be worried about contacting them? They don't just ''lose your file'' or ''open a can of worm's''. Sounds more to me like you havn't been in touch like you were suppose to. or havn't done something you were suppose to. And now because your probation period is over you figure they will just forget all about you. just because it's time for you to be off probation you figure regaurdless of wether or not you've complied that they will just cut you loose. That's not how it works, So do yourself a favor and contact them. Yes I know you claim that you've called and left messages and no one has ever called you back. So then take yourself down to the probation office. If you've fulfilled all the stipulations of your probation then you have no reason to not go there in person. Unless of course your not telling us the truth. Stephenk gave you very helpfull advice it just wasn't what you wanted to hear. Kathie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">