• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nitethangel

What is the name of your state?Layfette,Georgia

Ok so heres my question:

My girlfriend has been on probation for GTA as an accomplice, since she was 15, shes now 17. The only things holding her to probation are a fine and community service. Shes done all the other requriements of her probation and has had good behavior the whole time, her probation officer was even impressed with her. Last month she missed her probation meeting cause her mom had forgot about it. She has a court date septemper 21st because of missing the meeting, its her first probation violation ever, shes never missed a meeting and has always gone to school. Never failed a drug test or anything. The main thing they do to violatiors is send them to a dentention center for a whole month. That would kill her parents, and make me very angry. I was courious if we were to satisfy the terms of her probation (Pay the fine and get the community service hours she needs) Do you think it could override the violation and stop her from being sent to a dentention center or an extension of her probation or just a lighter discipline?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
At 17, she's not responsible enough to remember such an important appointment on her own?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">