• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gamommyx2

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My husband was on 3 seperate probations, 2 different cities. He was put on probation about 2 yrs ago. 2 are for bad checks and 1 is for theft by taking. He only had 4 months and about $400 left on the theft probation, he never paid but reported for 6 months (he had a total of 2 yrs) on one of the check probations and never reported period to the third probation. I am not 100% sure what type of probations they all were I am almost certain 2 were state and one supreme. He was picked up Friday night after I got pulled over(I was driving, We were on way home from supper got pulled over 10 feet from my house.) After running my info and me coming back clean the decided to run my husbands. He was mine and our kids only means of support. My question is what are the v.o.p laws and is there anything i can do to help him. I understand that this is something that needs to be taken care of and we are willing to do what ever it takes we just need him to be able to come home. He works in the complex we live in so if I asked them to do some type of house arrest and garnish wages will they work with us. If he has to do time in jail and I can't hurry and find a job we will lose everything we have (house, car etc). Would it help if not only me but his boss as well contacted the probation officers and talked to them? I REALLY NEED HELP!!!!!!!

Last edited:

pojo2

To bad because apparently you and the kids were not important enough for him to take care of these issues like a man.

chris86

You stated "we are willing to do anything to take care of this"...It sounds more like YOU are willing to do anything...he hasn't done anything, and that was the problem in the first place! Not abiding with probation, which is a leniency given by the judge, is a slap in the judge's face...and then he's going to ask for leniency AGAIN? I'm sorry for your situation, but he will probably be taught a lesson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">