• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BeaPajares

My Husband has been sentenced to rehad for 6months to a year. Unfortunately due to past problems, on his order there was a "No contact" with me issued in Jan. 2000. Since that time we have tried to work out our differences, but the rehab is not allowing any contact. I have tried speak with the Judge but have been unsuccessful. Not only am I now facing a financial burden of trying to support our children, but also a emotional burden because my children are not even allowed to write. They keep sending our letters back. I am under the impression that Husband and wife can not be separated if they are both agreeable, also my children miss their "Dad.

Thank you very much.

B

bellestar

Perhaps you may want to talk with his councelor. Maybe he can give you some information.

B

BeaPajares

More facts:

1) My Husband was a first time offender. His probation was for 4 years with 200 hours of community service. This was in 1996.

2) He did violate his probation twice, and unfortunately we did have several episodes of domestic violence.

3) We have since tried to repair our relationship, but I find that the state is trying to keep us apart. I have 4 children, and since I have degree in Nursing, I am not eligible for any state assistance.

4) He, however, is now considered handicapped because of his addiction, thus the state will pay for his education.

5) In otherwords, no one appears to take into consideration that his family is now without his financial support and to make matters worse, we are not allowed to be in touch either.

6) Ultimately, the children and I are the victims.!!!!

B

bellestar

Believe me I understand. Right now my husband is incarcerated on a 12 month sentence. We are able to visit and keep in touch.(thank god) But he is so far that I barely go see him. The phone calls are to expensive so we barely talk on the phone and we write now and then. He will be discharged in April and we have 3 kids together. It is very difficult for the past 8 months i have been working 2 jobs so i can make ends meet. He was up for T.S. to see if he can come home in Oct. but the warden denied him cuz he had violated probation in the past. I wrote a letter of hardship concerning the matter. and they dont care. So you just have to sit back and wait. be patient and take it easy...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">