• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bumblemadi22

Ive been on the run for a month now i left my clean and sober house and i didnt return i havent talked to my p.o. or anyone sense i left what kind of jail time am i looking at csn i be revoked

quincy

Ive been on the run for a month now i left my clean and sober house and i didnt return i havent talked to my p.o. or anyone sense i left what kind of jail time am i looking at csn i be revoked
What is the name of your state?

Any violation of your probation can result in your probation being revoked.

Last edited:

quincy

Thank you for providing your state name.

If your violation leads to a revocation of your probation, you can find yourself serving out your original sentence in jail (with no credit given for the time spent on probation) and you face additional time for the violation.

You would be smart to contact a criminal defense attorney in your area.

Good luck.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If you skipped out on your probation there's a very strong chance that there is already a warrant out for your arrest. You can only run so long - you WILL be caught.

Tough Decision

Not sure about Oregon, but most places if you break probation they throw you back inside for the original punishment that was suspended. This has happened to at least THREE guys on the road-work detail I'm on as part of my probation. One of the guys disappeared a couple months back and I saw him just Sunday at the store. He said he was picked up on a warrant for violation, brought before a judge, sent back in for the full 45 days that had been suspended, and just got out. Only bright side is that he's all done now, and some of us are still stuck on road work. You can hire an attrney and try to get probation reinstated, of course, but if you don't have a good excuse I would just call my p.o. and arrange to go back. If you do that on your own, he/she MIGHT even ask the judge to impose only part of the sentence. Good luck.

quincy

Not sure about Oregon, but most places if you break probation they throw you back inside for the original punishment that was suspended. This has happened to at least THREE guys on the road-work detail I'm on as part of my probation. One of the guys disappeared a couple months back and I saw him just Sunday at the store. He said he was picked up on a warrant for violation, brought before a judge, sent back in for the full 45 days that had been suspended, and just got out. Only bright side is that he's all done now, and some of us are still stuck on road work. You can hire an attrney and try to get probation reinstated, of course, but if you don't have a good excuse I would just call my p.o. and arrange to go back. If you do that on your own, he/she MIGHT even ask the judge to impose only part of the sentence. Good luck.
This is true in Oregon, as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">