• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? NJ

Court ordered child support for unwed father, prior to court order never missed the agreed upon payment.

Of course CP got greedy now its court ordered, I don't have a problem with that. My issue is when we were at court, no mention was made of paying through probation, I assumed the checks would go directly to the CP. After I had sent her the first few checks I get a letter from the Child Support office to pay directly through them and not to the CP and now I have to fill out this information including my DL # (which I don't want to do)

Can I keep paying the CP directly or do I have to do this and if so can I fight it?

Any comments or advice is appreciated

I am sure if you look at your court order it will tell you that you have to go through the clearing house. Actually it is a great thing, this way there can be no denying of payments by the other side. The DL is so they can confirm what they already have on file . . . smile they already have you on candid camera.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential