• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probationary license in pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thrasher939

im 17 and live in pennsylvania, i was charged with possesion of a small amount of marijuana (residue) and was told i was getting a 6 month license suspension by the intake probation officer, this was a few months ago, as of right now i cannot apply for a permit or license until the suspension is over, i was wondering if there is any way i can get a probationary license for work and school, do i have to wait until november when i turn 18, or is there no way to get a license of any kind until the suspension is over in march.

C

CombatTN88

thrasher939 said:
im 17 and live in pennsylvania, i was charged with possesion of a small amount of marijuana (residue) and was told i was getting a 6 month license suspension by the intake probation officer, this was a few months ago, as of right now i cannot apply for a permit or license until the suspension is over, i was wondering if there is any way i can get a probationary license for work and school, do i have to wait until november when i turn 18, or is there no way to get a license of any kind until the suspension is over in march.
Finish your high school education, then think about the COLLEGE before thinking about getting your license back.

T

thrasher939

thats why i need it

that is the main reason i need a license, i have a younger brother and two younger sisters, my mom works, and so does my dad, in new jersey in fact. so its going to be very hard for my mom to take me to work, and school and anything else that may come up. i thought the whole point of probation, and the juvenile justice system was rehabilitation, yet when i start getting things together and need a license to get myself to work and school, they dont want to hear anything about it, and could care less. it's not a matter of me wanting a license to drive around with friends and go to parties, if that was teh case i wouldve been begging my parents for my license the day i turned 16 and every day since then. i never had a license before, and now when i really need one, i cant get it. i know in the end it is my fault, i just think there's a little bit of a flaw in the whole juvenile license suspension issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">