• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem Roommate - Landlord Don't Care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

That they have an annoying roommate and nobody is prepared to face her and tell her to stop, but instead came to this forum with the "We want her gone but we won't do anything ourselves"
Sorry Quincy, but if I was able I have always dealt with life's little problems by myself rather than expecting someone to do it for me.
Did you go to the Doctor and get a script for something?

quincy

Obviously the British sense of humor and an American attorneys thought process are incompatible :)
Haha. I DID fail to see the humor in your posts ... and I assume you failed to see the humor in mine. That said, I like Monty Python. :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm Canadian, and about as British as it's possible to be without living there, but I didn't get it either.

It's one of many quintessential British responses.
If someone just complains about something and expects that others will resolve the complaint we would suggest they see a doctor and get something to help them grow some balls so they would be man enough to deal with it themselves.
If someone is consistently stupid we would call them a Muppet, because the only plausible reason for their stupid behavior is that someone else has a hand up their back and is working the controls.
And Quincy, if you want some good British comedy look up Black Adder, Red Dwarf and the best one ever, Upstart Crow.

justalayman

A non politically correct derogatory racist statement. :D
But I'm an American now, and I have a bit of paper to prove it.
Papers don’t mean a thing. Being American is in your heart and soul.

As proof, I point you to the all BMW’s made in the USA. Even though made in America, they are still considered to be German cars and thought of as imports typically by the general populace.

On the other hand, a Chevy made in Canada is still considered to be an American car.

Papers don’t mean a thing. Being American is in your heart and soul.

As proof, I point you to the all BMW’s made in the USA. Even though made in America, they are still considered to be German cars and thought of as imports typically by the general populace.

On the other hand, a Chevy made in Canada is still considered to be an American car.
So what is a VW that's made in Mexico?
As for heart and soul, I have never, nor will I ever refer to myself as British-American, I'm an American and to have any allegence otherwise, such as African-American etc is an insult, especially if you put the country of your ancestors or your religion first.

justalayman

As for heart and soul, I have never, nor will I ever refer to myself as British-American, I'm an American and to have any allegence otherwise, such as African-American etc is an insult, especially if you put the country of your ancestors or your religion first.
I’m was just joking with ya Neil

But the statement of being Polish American (in my case) is more a reference to my ethnicity than my political allegiance. I am and always have been an American (2nd and third gen on dads side. Much longer on mom’s side) but my ethnic origins are Polish/German/English. When I say I’m Polish American I am in no way denying my American birth but my ancestors are from other areas of the world and stating that does nothing to diminish my American status.

Now, I find no need to include my Polish ethnicity if there is a simple question such as if I was in a group of people from various areas of the world and somebody asked my nationality. I would state im an American and leave it at that. Whether I state I’m American or Polish American will depend on the context of the conversation

Just Blue

Well....If your great-great-great grandparent were kidnapped, shackled, tossed in the bowel of a ship and taken to a foreign nation to be sold at auction...You would embrace your stolen ethnicity as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">