• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem w/Employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Badavia

Hi :)

I work for an apartment building that is subsidized by the Federal government, and owned by several (unnamed) persons.

There is no problem with the government about the running of the house, however, the managing company (Boss)is constantly forcing us to hire his children to paint apartments and other jobs at extortionate rates, one apartment was charged $xxxx for a paint job, other bidders cannot be considered for fear of irritating the Boss. The painter is AWFUL ! Paint everywhere, but where it should be, we supply everything he needs to paint and his time is $xxxx ? The problem is we are not running in the black and these actions aren't helping the building "budget", can the Boss legally bring his kids in and let them do what they want and get paid "huge" amounts? What if they are not licensed? What if anything can I do? I have bumped heads with the Boss and do fear losing my job should I create any waves...

[This message has been edited by Badavia (edited February 25, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Badavia (edited February 25, 2000).]

L

LawLady

It seems as if there are awful conflicts of interest -- not so much in the hiring of his kids, but in the pricing and quality.

Has anyone told the building's owners? If you do, the odds are that they'll either reward you or have him fire you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">