• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with removal of "friend"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carebear22810

What is the name of your state?Michigan

Hi,
ok i let a friend move in about feb 2005. I let him move in because him and his son had no other place to go. He was not working but I understood and was still willing to HELP him. He was not paying rent, but he was putting in $205/month in foodstamps to cover the amount of food for him and his son. When school got out, he choose to go to his mom for the summer. He left everything here. On Sept. 3rd 2005 he called me and told me that he would have his belongings out of my home by the end of the month due to him and his girlfriend getting a house together. I since that notice had my cousin ask to move in so she can finish school, and told her that she could move in on the 1st of August due to his notice. Now he is saying that i need to have an eviction notice. Is this true because he was never paying rent, never changed his address (just gave it to FIA), and gave a 30 day notice?

south

If all the proof he has that he lived at your place is an over night bag then I would leave it on the door step and deny he ever lived there but hey thats just me.

carebear22810 said:
What is the name of your state?Michigan

Hi,
ok i let a friend move in about feb 2005. I let him move in because him and his son had no other place to go. He was not working but I understood and was still willing to HELP him. He was not paying rent, but he was putting in $205/month in foodstamps to cover the amount of food for him and his son. When school got out, he choose to go to his mom for the summer. He left everything here. On Sept. 3rd 2005 he called me and told me that he would have his belongings out of my home by the end of the month due to him and his girlfriend getting a house together. I since that notice had my cousin ask to move in so she can finish school, and told her that she could move in on the 1st of August due to his notice. Now he is saying that i need to have an eviction notice. Is this true because he was never paying rent, never changed his address (just gave it to FIA), and gave a 30 day notice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">