• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with Lawyers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

ManagerJosh

State of California, Los Angeles County:

Okay here's the deal..... Have a lawyer who's currently handling an active divorce case and he's totally incompetent. I've spoken twice to the firm about getting this case stepped up a bit to a lawyer within with more seniority and more experience but have been completely ignored.

There's also an arbitration clause in my contract with the firm.

So I'm currently trying to figure out my next move here against the Law Firm because I'm not happy with the firm and the strategies they used. I spoke to a few friends and they were pissed off that some of the most basic legal strategies weren't use like witness impeachment (one of the witnesses lied so many times that if I had a penny for every time he lied, I could be a millionaire). Oh and get this...I even had paper evidence that showed he was lying too! And it wasn't even used.

Cause right now I owe the liar a huge sum of money that I shouldn't even owe in the first place (cause in reality that idiot owes me money) and that liar wants me to pay his legal fees now too.

<rant>oh and the judge didn't even pick up on the lie as well...I get the feeling he didn't even want to here it</rant>

Suggestions? And I'm not willing to invest into another lawyer right now cause I still owe this firm money

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Was there a "legal" question in there somewhere?

Suggestions about what? You already said you're not going to change attorneys.

We'd pay more attention if you didn't "rant" and just stuck to the facts - - of which none were fully explained. I don't even know if your so-called evidence of a lie is even viable under the Evidence Code! You never said what the evidence was, nor how you came into possession of the same.

Please, keep it short, and stop venting. Just explain your facts, and don't give us your "conclusions".

IAAL

M

ManagerJosh

My legal question (didn't exactly make it clear) is that I'm looking for some sort of action I can take against the law firm handled my case.

I want to know:

What can I do and what are my available options?

because right now, I feel that I'm not obligated to pay the other party $200,000.00 + their legal fees.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

. . . and you're still not "clear". I can't help you. You've said nothing. You're just giving me conclusions, and I can't help you with "conclusions".

Go consult with another, local, Family Law attorney.

IAAL

M

ManagerJosh

I'm not sure if I can be anymore clear.

But, let me try again:

Is there any sort of action I can do independently that I can go after the lawyers/firm who handled this divorce case for completely mishandling this case?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ManagerJosh said:
I'm not sure if I can be anymore clear.

But, let me try again:

Is there any sort of action I can do independently that I can go after the lawyers/firm who handled this divorce case for completely mishandling this case?

My response:

Now I can see why you're having problems with your lawyer. You just don't understand simple English. "completely mishandling this case" is a CONCLUSION. Telling me about a LIE, that someone else said, is a CONCLUSION.

You have given me NO background facts with which to tell you if you "can do independently that I can go after the lawyers/firm".

Look, do yourself a favor and consult with another attorney.

I'm done with this thread.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">