• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with Obtaining SSN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I think that you mean the personal exemption for the child. The standard deduction has to do with filing status.
Yeah. It's Monday.

Anyway, my point being, most people like to pay less in taxes. One family member, when she went into labor on Dec 31, was cheered on by the nurses with, "Tax break! Tax break!" rather than "push".

Pinkie39

Yeah. It's Monday.

Anyway, my point being, most people like to pay less in taxes. One family member, when she went into labor on Dec 31, was cheered on by the nurses with, "Tax break! Tax break!" rather than "push".
Ha!! My dad had a coworker whose wife was pregnant and due just after the new year. They asked for her to be induced early, so the baby could be born before the 1st.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Perhaps OP is approaching this wrong. The issue is that OP has to prove that OP doesn't already have a SSN. Perhaps OP should try the tactic or taking the steps to recover a lost SSN.

PayrollHRGuy

What I don't understand is why the SSA when given a passport with the OPs Name, DOB and place of birth didn't tell them that there was already a SSN in that name if there was one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">