• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

procedural conundrum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oblivious

Hello from Mississippi and thank you!

If someone sues for reinstatement and wins, but dies before it is reinstated; can a family member have it reinstated if it is still within the time frame set by the judgment?

Can they then collect if past missed premiums are brought up to date?

Forum people are the best! Rick :)

Last edited:

tranquility

No. They would have no standing. However, if there is really a court order saying the insurance must be reinstated, the estate might. Do you have such an order or are you just speculating as in your other post?

Also, don't start a bunch of threads. Keep all your questions in one place.

oblivious

Yes there is a court order for reinstatement with plenty of time left till the deadline.

Mom is the executor in his will. Would that be the same as the "estate" ?

Mom has dementia and I just became her conservator. So would the estate be me now?

Yes mom is the one in my other post for her insurance. This post is for her friends insurance.

Sorry, thought it would be less confusing if I kept the two situations separate.

Thanks again, Rick.

tranquility

The estate is the fictional entity that was your dad. That mom was named in the will as executor, does not mean she is in charge of the estate. Whoever opens probate will be the one in charge. While the courts prefer (some states must) choose the one named in a will, under these circumstances, anyone connected can open the estate.

How did you get such a court order? What was the cause of action?

oblivious

Just have a letter from the insurance company that refers to a class action settlement case # MDL 1610 in US district court central district of california (if you want to look it up).

It is a in-force death benefit extension added to the policy on 10/14/07 for a period of 4015 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">