• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Procedure caused more problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?missouri

In 2017 I underwent a procedure to help with heavy bleeding every month. The product itself is protected by the fda from being sued so I cannot take recourse against the manufacturer. However, I was not a candidate due to my anatomy unbeknownst to me and the Dr performed the procedure anyway. It failed and I undergo days of pain each month that are so severe I miss work and end up in the ER or urgent care. I only found out I was not a candidate after it was performed and I started having issues. Do I have legal recourse against the doctor. All I want is for him to have to fix it so I am not in pain.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state?missouri

In 2017 I underwent a procedure to help with heavy bleeding every month. The product itself is protected by the fda from being sued so I cannot take recourse against the manufacturer. However, I was not a candidate due to my anatomy unbeknownst to me and the Dr performed the procedure anyway. It failed and I undergo days of pain each month that are so severe I miss work and end up in the ER or urgent care. I only found out I was not a candidate after it was performed and I started having issues. Do I have legal recourse against the doctor. All I want is for him to have to fix it so I am not in pain.
It's quite likely that too much time has passed for you to have any recourse (https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=516.105). You should speak to a local attorney who can review all of the facts in this matter.

Good Luck.

It's quite likely that too much time has passed for you to have any recourse (https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=516.105). You should speak to a local attorney who can review all of the facts in this matter.

Good Luck.
Ok. That link helped cause I just found out in 2020 that the procedure should not have been done which I guess is what it's meaning by date of discovery. I'm gonna contact an attorney. Thanks for the help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ok. That link helped cause I just found out in 2020 that the procedure should not have been done which I guess is what it's meaning by date of discovery. I'm gonna contact an attorney. Thanks for the help.
Yes, contact an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">