• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

procedure of court hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My parent-in-law are diffucult, abusive and
violent. Recently I got into a argument with
them and they start a fight with me. To
prevent things from getting worse, I called
911. When 2 policemen came and talked
to me and them seperately, they arrested me.
It turned out when they asked me about
injuries, I said no -- I just wanted to have
my parent-in-law calmed down. But my
father-in-law showed them some bruises,
so I became the criminal. At the station I
told the cops that I was hurt too (my right
thumb was swollen, and some other
bruises around my arms ),
and they started the
fight, and they're staying in my house.
Oddly enough, nobody would listen anymore.
My parents-in-law didn't file any charges,
but the police handed me a Complaint
Summons. I'm not sure exactly what it
means, and what's going to happen next,
except I have to appear in the court.

The whold thing is a big surprise to me.
The cops are so difficult to deal with,
seems like a joke to them.
I would appreciate any suggestions and
helps. My sister-in-law and my father-in
-law are trying to get them drop the
charge, but they don't know where to

Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential