• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Process to request a default judgement hearing in TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zoelee

Good morning forum,

We filed a small claims complaint against a former business partner. Details is in this post: https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/property-manager-owes-us-money-need-help-with-small-claims-court-filing.654683/

He didn't respond to the serving. Now we would like to request a default judgement hearing.

I found the form on the country court website. But there is no instruction on the matter. The form implies that the same request form has to be sent to the defendant.

I also googled but it seems all information is about how the defendant can set aside a default judgement, nothing on the plaintiff side.

I would like some advice on the official steps of requesting a default judgement hearing please.

Thanks very much,

Zoe

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please keep your related questions in your original thread. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">