• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Product ordered online not shipped since 7 months. What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

didierschuller

Hello everyone,

I’ve ordered a product through internet in november 2014. Knowing many people ordered the product, I asked for a timeframe: the manufacturer was vague, stating weeks to months. Later on, after asking him again, he said end of March 2015. Didn’t receive the product, contacted him again, he stated end of April. To date I haven’t received the product. The manufacturer didn’t bill my debit card either as the billing policy states that billing is made once product is shipped.

I need urgently that product.

Is there anything I can do to force the manufacturer to comply with the transaction we’ve been through? The manufacturer is based in Washington state.

Thank you,
Jean

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello everyone,

I’ve ordered a product through internet in november 2014. Knowing many people ordered the product, I asked for a timeframe: the manufacturer was vague, stating weeks to months. Later on, after asking him again, he said end of March 2015. Didn’t receive the product, contacted him again, he stated end of April. To date I haven’t received the product. The manufacturer didn’t bill my debit card either as the billing policy states that billing is made once product is shipped.

Is there anything I can do to force the manufacturer to comply with the transaction we’ve been through? The manufacturer is based in Washington state.

Thank you,
Jean
Sorry, this forum is for US law only. The laws of your country will apply to you. I wouldn't count on forcing them to do anything. If it's not available, it's not available.

didierschuller

Sorry, this forum is for US law only. The laws of your country will apply to you. I wouldn't count on forcing them to do anything. If it's not available, it's not available.
Thanks for your answer, though, I am a US resident ordering from a US company.

didierschuller

What US state are you in?

As I mentioned previously, you are not going to receive a product that is not available.
I am in CA.

The company selling the product is the one manufacturing it. I am under the impression that the company has shipped the product to buyers who bought after me. In that case, the manufacturer would be discriminating its buyers which I believe, could change the game here.

If I can prove it, is there something I can do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am in CA.

The company selling the product is the one manufacturing it. I am under the impression that the company has shipped the product to buyers who bought after me. In that case, the manufacturer would be discriminating its buyers which I believe, could change the game here.

If I can prove it, is there something I can do?
No, it doesn't change anything.

If you've done without for 7 months, then it calls in to question the urgency of the situation.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Hello everyone,

Thank you,
Jean
Did you ask the manufacturer how they handled back-orders? Some companies cancel them after so many days (usually 60-90).
You haven't paid any money, so how do you think you're going to force 'compliance'? :cool:

didierschuller

Did you ask the manufacturer how they handled back-orders? Some companies cancel them after so many days (usually 60-90).
You haven't paid any money, so how do you think you're going to force 'compliance'? :cool:
He confirmed me a month ago it was probably going to be shipped end of April.

Isn't the agreement between a buyer and a seller, with an order confirmation sent by the seller, a legally binding contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">