• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Product ruined my sex life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Legal-noobie94

So, to start off I was a 17 year old in Nebraska at the time I started taking a testosterone pill from this very large company(6 years ago). I was wrestling at the time and I was looking for an advantage over my competition. The guy who sold me the product told me it was completely natural and that I could technically take it all year long. It completely changed my outlook, giving me confidence and boosting my sex drive. After the wrestling season I kept taking it until about graduation. Around the same time I quit taking it, my girlfriend broke up with me(stay with me, it’s relevant). I couldn’t get hard and my anxiety completely took over. At the time my doctor said it was probably psychological and that it would get better with time, it did not. Well, fast forward about 5 years, I found the testosterone product in my room and decided to take it again. Within a few pills my sex drive was completely back and I was able to get hard. My question is, what legal action do I have, if any against this company for how they have ruined my life? I probably can’t prove the anxiety part, but I definitely can physically prove the getting hard part. First post so go easy on me!

quincy

So, to start off I was a 17 year old in Nebraska at the time I started taking a testosterone pill from this very large company(6 years ago). I was wrestling at the time and I was looking for an advantage over my competition. The guy who sold me the product told me it was completely natural and that I could technically take it all year long. It completely changed my outlook, giving me confidence and boosting my sex drive. After the wrestling season I kept taking it until about graduation. Around the same time I quit taking it, my girlfriend broke up with me(stay with me, it’s relevant). I couldn’t get hard and my anxiety completely took over. At the time my doctor said it was probably psychological and that it would get better with time, it did not. Well, fast forward about 5 years, I found the testosterone product in my room and decided to take it again. Within a few pills my sex drive was completely back and I was able to get hard. My question is, what legal action do I have, if any against this company for how they have ruined my life? I probably can’t prove the anxiety part, but I definitely can physically prove the getting hard part. First post so go easy on me!
Did you get the drugs from your personal physician or did you buy them off some guy on the street?

I do not see that any "company" ruined your life. It appears you took unprescribed drugs and were not under a physician's care when doing so.

FlyingRon

Frankly, I think I'm being trolled. But the fact you did better while taking a dietary supplement doesn't mean the supplement is to blame for what happens when you don't take it.

Unless the supplement company is violating the FDA rules by making claims about curing a disease or condition that are unfounded or their is some not recognized as safe or otherwise controlled substance in it unapproved, you've got no case.

Of course, there are lawyers out there who specialize in dietary supplement cases. You can contact one of them (just google dietary supplment lawsuit or the like and you'll find them). Of course, be prepared for them to be disinterested in pursuing things if it isn't a clearcut case.

FlyingRon

Here is a link to an FDA warning on testosterone drugs: https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm436259.htm

When you self-medicate, it is more difficult to support a legal action. If you do not have one of the underlying conditions for which testosterone is prescribed, you should not take it.
I doubt he is taking testosterone itself. Such would be illegal without a prescription and dispensed via a pharmacy or other licensee. I take it he's using one of the dietary supplements that purports to "boost" testosterone production.

Oddly, if he really had a decreased testosterone and the product helped that and when he stopped it regressed and when he restarted it improved, that it sounds like the product is behaving as it was expected to work.

quincy

Legal-noobie94 said he was taking a "testosterone pill" manufactured by a large company. I don't know what sort of "pill" he is talking about as testosterone is generally prescribed in a gel or cream.

I also don't know where he got these performance-enhancing drugs but I suspect it was not a legal source.

Whatever he took, and regardless of how well or how poorly the drugs worked to his expectations, the fact that he took old (possibly unprescribed) pills and without (any stated) medical supervision, makes any successful lawsuit against the manufacturer unlikely at best.

I hope he stops taking drugs without doctor supervision. He could kill himself if he continues.

PayrollHRGuy

Legal-noobie94 said he was taking a "testosterone pill" manufactured by a large company. I don't know what sort of "pill" he is talking about as testosterone is generally prescribed in a gel or cream.
as well as injection or subcutaneous implantation

quincy

as well as injection or subcutaneous implantation
I just haven't heard of any testosterone pills being manufactured by a large company. Hence my feeling that the drug was purchased illegally.

The lawsuits filed against the companies manufacturing testosterone have been primarily based on inadequate warning labels that did not list all of the risks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I just haven't heard of any testosterone pills being manufactured by a large company. Hence my feeling that the drug was purchased illegally.

The lawsuits filed against the companies manufacturing testosterone have been primarily based on inadequate warning labels that did not list all of the risks.
I suspect the meaning in this thread is testerone booster

PayrollHRGuy

Or some illegal steroid that the young adult OP thought was testosterone.

I can't imagine the results of taking testosterone when one is healthy 17 year old male. I can imagine it would not have been pretty.

quincy

I suspect the meaning in this thread is testerone booster
Possibly. Legal-noobie could have made his post a little bit clearer. :)

But, I still see no legal action for him to pursue against the manufacturer of whatever it was that was consumed. At least not when based on anything said by him so far.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">