• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Profit Sharing Disbursements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

biddly1

What is the name of your state?I was working in the State of Michigan for an employer who offered a Profit Sharing plan. In March 2005, I voluntarily left that employement. On July 28, 2005, I received a statement showing my total vested amount of the profit sharing plan.

My question is - how do I go about receiving my money? I did not receive any forms with the statement and am not sure what I do at this point. I do not want to keep the money in that company. My ex-boss is the administrator (or his CPA or attorney) of the plan and I do not want to contact him as he is a liar, cheat, and a fraud, as human beings go. Is there a law in Michigan about issues such as this?

Thank you for your advice.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The answer to your question depends entirely on the terms of the profit sharing plan.

biddly1

All I received was a "Summary Annual Report" along with my "Statement of Account". There are no terms listed. Is this up to the discretion of the employer? Should I speak to a lawyer or an accountant?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">