• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Profit sharing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

booneyjay

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am wondering if there is a time limit on when you get your profit sharing money after you have been let go of? i ask this because shortly after i was left go i recieved a letter telling me how much i would get and that i would get it in june of 2005. It is now September and the company i worked for still does not know anything about when they are gonna recieve the paperwork for me to sign so that they can send me the check (they have a seperate company do the actual work). I guess i just want to know if there is anything i can do to get my money or if there is any recourse for me not getting it when i was supposed to. Or if someone could point me in the right direction to find out myself. if you need more info just ask.

Thanks for all your help.

Beth3

"Profit sharing" covers a lot of territory. First we need to define what kind of plan this was.

When employees receive profit sharing money, do they receive a check in-hand that is taxable income to them (i.e. additional wages) or is the profit sharing money deferred into a retirement plan for each employee, such as a 401(k)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">