• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Profit Sharing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbbredsox

I have been employed at my company now for five and a half years. During my job interview I was told by by boss that our company has profit sharing. I was told that it would take 3 moths to start receiving benefits. Two years ago on my yearly W-2 I noticed that the retirement box was checked off so I asked my boss for a statement. After getting a little bit of a run around for 2 months I asked for the lawyers name and number. I called and had him send me the statement. I found out why I was getting the run around from my boss was because he was not contributing to anyone's profit sharing since about the time of my employment. I confronted my boss and he told me that that was the case because the company has not been profiting. I called the layer back and had him send me a copy of the company's reported profits and found that not only has the company been profiting but we have been doing better and better every year. Again I confronted my boss and he told me the reason he has not contributed was because he didn't like the way it was set up.( It was set up so it was divided between the employee's by age and how long they have been with the company ) He said he felt bad and wanted to compensate us and he would set up a 401k plan for us. We told him we would like the money that was supposed to be in our profit sharing and some suggested an extra weeks vacation. Well it has been two years now and I have repeatedly asked about the
401k and been getting a run around. I have made up my mind that I will be leaving this company once I get my cards in order. I was wondering if there is a legal way to collect the money I think is owed to me. Any kind of suggestions would help. Thank you!

swalsh411

What money? You were made some vauge verbal promise 5 years ago and have received nothing since then. Do you have anything in writing? I doubt you can establish that you are owed anything let alone how much that should be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">