• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promissary Noteok

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KEDEROCK

What is the name of your state? OKLAHOMA,I have loaned money to relative have a signed notarized promissary note from them, they have been regular on payments until recently. they have been harder to contact and been more vague about why they are late. I am concerned if they die it will be a loss. and i dont want to deal with there kids.Can I file a lein on his home property, that is valid. or would I have to get this promissary note voided and re write new note with lein on his property. ???:confused:

racer72

You would have to file a lawsuit and win a judgement before you can place a lein on the home unless the home was used as collatoral for the loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">