• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promotion Denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wheezer63

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I was recently denied a promotion to senior lead person, because the supervisor did not want to have to replace me in the I am doing now. I have been employed with the manufacturing company for 21 1/2 years, and done most every job in the department. The position, which of course involves a pay increase, was given to someone who has worked for the company for 3 years, and has only done 1 job in the department during that time.

Does anyone know if there are any laws pertaining to fair promotion practices? If I would be so hard to replace in my current position that I am denied a promotion, when I am the most qualified person in the department to receive it, shouldn't my wages indicate that? :confused:

Thanks, Lisa

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There are no laws that dictate how an employer must offer promotions. Your being more valuable to the company where you are is a legitimate reason to keep you in your current postition, even if it seems to you to be unfair.

No laws have been broken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">