• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proof of Claim Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I'm owed money by a general partnership where one of the two people lives in Indiana and the other in Michigan. Both are claiming bankruptcy (one Ch7, one Ch13).

I've already filed the proof of claim in Indiana, and I'm now getting ready to file the Michigan claim. But my question is do I need to inform the Michigan and Indiana Bankruptcy court that I'm filing an identical claim in both districts? If so, is there a special form for this, or would a letter be ok?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential