• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proof of Service Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdnum1

I live in California San Bernardino County

We were never served our UD papers only papers we got was writ of execution

I was finally able to access my case information online under the proof of service section this is what is says

09/19/2008 PROOF OF SERVICE OF SUMMONS AND COMP FILED ON "Defendant 1"; PARTY SERVED ON %%X% (UD). Not Applicable
09/19/2008 PROOF OF SERVICE OF SUMMONS AND COMP FILED ON "Defendant 2"; PARTY SERVED ON %%X% (UD). Not Applicable
09/12/2008 ON THE UD COMPLAINT <$10,000 OF "plaintiff REAL ESTATE HOLDINGS VII LLC, "Defendant 1"IS ADDED AS A DEFT. Not Applicable
09/12/2008 UNLAWFUL DETAINER COMPLAINT <$10,000 FILED. SUMMONS ISSUED AND FILED. Not Applicable
Minutes

My question is why would they have %%X% (UD). Not Applicable
instead of proof of service filed and a date?

cabanks27

It is possible that the service was by posting only, not personally served. The landlord can get a judgment for possession only if you were served by posting and do not show in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">