• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proper Citation Form For Federal Stautes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TurtlePond

A. The preferred format is to cite to the U.S.C.A
B. The preferred format is to cite to the U.S.C.S
C. The prefered format is to cite to U.S.C
D. Both A and B are preferred

If you have any information to a link or just any information in this area I would greatly appreciate your help. I am a student that is limited in resources and legal help to do all my assignments.

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
B. The preferred format is to cite to the U.S.C.A

If you have any information to a link or just any information in this area I would greatly appreciate your help. I am a student that is limited in resources and legal help to do all my assignments.
www.google.com

Do your own homework. :cool:

Proserpina

B. The preferred format is to cite to the U.S.C.A

Is it deliberate that A & B are the same? Or was it a typo?

quincy

Is it deliberate that A & B are the same? Or was it a typo?
It could have been a typo, unless the professor was trying to make it easier for the students (although, apparently, it would not have been easy enough). :)

The test question probably should have read (using essentially the same order): A. U.S.C.A; B. U.S.C.S.; C. U.S.C.; Both A and B are preferred.

tranquility

http://www.law.cornell.edu/citation/
https://www.legalbluebook.com/
http://www.law.georgetown.edu/library/research/bluebook/

quincy

I suspect the lesson is not to discover how to cite. More likely, it is to learn how to cite. More likely still, use citations correctly in your work.
Possibly.

All we know for sure is that TurtlePond says that he has "limited resources and legal help" to complete his assignments.

TheGeekess accurately pointed out by suggesting Google that TurtlePond's resources are practically unlimited. And, quite frankly, just putting into the search bar the title to TurtlePond's thread (with "statute" spelled correctly) is sort of a no-brainer. I worry about TurtlePond's future in the class if he actually needed us to help him with this. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">