• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Adjuster vs. P.I. Adjuster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Florida: I was involved in a motor vehicle accident. I have hired a personal injury attorney to seek damages and/or mitigate my own losses that may occur. The other party's adjuster has offered me 30% on the damage to my vehicle (my insurance did not offer anything since I do not have collision). Will accepting this offer play against me in the personal injury investigation? Would I be admitting 70% guilt? My PI Attorney pretty much said I'm on my own for my property; they noted it shouldn't play into the PI Investigation.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Florida: I was involved in a motor vehicle accident. I have hired a personal injury attorney to seek damages and/or mitigate my own losses that may occur. The other party's adjuster has offered me 30% on the damage to my vehicle (my insurance did not offer anything since I do not have collision). Will accepting this offer play against me in the personal injury investigation? Would I be admitting 70% guilt? My PI Attorney pretty much said I'm on my own for my property; they noted it shouldn't play into the PI Investigation.
If you were not at fault, why would you accept 30%?

Just Blue

Was the car totaled?

V

victorross

You should listen to your personal injury lawyer.

quincy

You should listen to your personal injury lawyer.
That is good advice both in the U.S. and in your area of the world, victorross.

FreeAdvice addresses US law questions and US legal concerns, by the way. You might want to find a UK forum.

eerelations

That is good advice both in the U.S. and in your area of the world, victorross.

FreeAdvice addresses US law questions and US legal concerns, by the way. You might want to find a UK forum.
Isn't OP in Florida? And even if the OP is a UK citizen, if the accident happened in Florida, shouldn't Florida law/insurance regs be the guiding force here? I am just curious.

quincy

Isn't OP in Florida? And even if the OP is a UK citizen, if the accident happened in Florida, shouldn't Florida law/insurance regs be the guiding force here? I am just curious.
The original poster is ladedamrfrenchman from Florida. My post was directed to victorross, a UK solicitor.

Victor's advice wasn't bad and he included no links in his post, so his post wasn't reported to the moderator. My post was so victorross would know this is a US law site and not the proper place to advertise his UK legal services.

Last edited:

quincy

Commercial messages are prohibited on this forum, AbrahamK. Please reread the terms of use for this site. A brief summary is provided in the IMPORTANT NOTICE at the bottom of this page.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">