• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Damage by neighbors....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yenny

What is the name of your state? I live next door to a rental property in PA. The fence seperating our properties was damaged during a party held by the tenants. My homeowners insurance will not cover the damage as it is below my deductible, therefore I have asked the owner of the house next door to have the fence repaired at their expense. The owner however is saying we need to deal with the individual that broke the fence, a party-goer that night that has been identified. I believe the landlord is responsible for damage caused by his tenants or tenants' guests and should pay for the damage. If he would like to follow through and collect from the person who directly caused the damage, that is his choice (and problem). I am running out of time as I am trying to sell my house and the damaged fence is causing obvious problems for interested parties. How can I determine the law regarding responsibility for repairing the fence and how to collect? Anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

JETX

The homeowner is responsible. He as the responsibility for ANY actions done by HIS tenants.
Then, let him pursue any action that he wants against HIS tenants.

HomeGuru

yenny said:
What is the name of your state?

I am running out of time as I am trying to sell my house and the damaged fence is causing obvious problems for interested parties. How can I determine the law regarding responsibility for repairing the fence and how to collect? Anyone have any suggestions?

**A: then have the fence fixed so this issue does not cause a problem with the sale of the property. You can still follow the advice given by JETX.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">